Friday, August 17, 2012

The Sherlock Holmes Complex

So I have always found music to be very inspiring when I write, and I have always believed that the mood of the scene that I'm working on is affected by the feel of the song that I am listening to. And now I am going through a Sherlock Holmes phase. I hadn't seen the movie, but my Pandora station started to play the background music and I was hooked. It was just so different.

fanpop.com

Needless to say I went and watched the movie. But now all of my characters have either a Sherlock Holmes or Watson feel. And while I love these two characters (don't get me wrong), I really need my K'mar to be self-absorbed in a rather oblivious and charming way, not pot-enhanced and arrogant like Holmes, and Watson is much too sensible to be a prototype for Nolan. So maybe I should go back to listening to "Harry Potter" and "Lord of the Rings".

weasleyisourking.com

themoviedb.org

I can easily avoid writing about rings and quidditch.

(Did I ever tell you that K'mar was a redhead?) 

~Shaylanne

Is there a particular thing that inspires your muse? If so I'd love to hear about it!

P.S I grew up on Sherlock Holmes (the books), and a third movie might come out. So you will hear about this again. 

...

and no that is not a threat.

...

it is simply a statement of fact. 

...

you'll just have to live with it.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for following my blog! And I not only love the new Sherlock Holmes movies, but the music is FABULOUS! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to you Cortney!

    I think the soundtrack will be my next major purchase ;)

    ReplyDelete