Wednesday, August 22, 2012

College Commentary

Another semester starts next week and this time I have taken step to be prepared! Will I be behind, always finishing my assignments last minute and at a low level of achievement? No! Will I be up late doing homework that I should have done a week ago? No! Will I be working three jobs and reading on my Kindle? Yeeesss. I might have to edit the whole Kindle part...that might be too distracting. But then again I'll be reading textbooks, and various other stories that might find their way through the world of cyberspace into the memory if my treasured device.

I haven't even gotten it yet.

The kindle I mean.

And I'm pumped.

(If you can't tell)

But this is supposed to be a College Commentary, not a promotion for the Kindle. So here it goes.

Since this is a getting back to college post I'll talk a little bit about what you should do to get ready.

First after you've planned your classes sit down and look at your schedule. It's pretty full isn't it? So that means you have two choices:

1. Do whatever you want and accept the fact that whatever goofing off you do now affects the amount you pay in interest for college loans. or 2. Schedule your time so that you can have fun and still get good grades/keep your job.

So if you're me, that means you prioritize. I have three jobs; I house clean, I package food products, and I am a librarian. Add five online classes to that and you wonder what kind of life I have.

So the priority: first school, second work, third writing, fun time.

Yeah I did put writing at third, not at first. Here is my rationale: You learn so you can get a job so you don't starve so you live long enough to write a book. It also lets you get a good job with decent hours. Then second you get a job so you can go to school so you can get a job so you don't starve so you live long enough to write a book. Then you arrive at three, you write the book where you learn so you can get a job so you don't starve so you live long enough to write a book. Which lets you get a good job with decent hours. Then second you get a job so you can go to school so you can get a job so you don't starve so you live long enough to write a book...

See how that works? Really as I think about it, it all becomes one thing. Because while we should write because we love it, ideally it should start to bring a little bit of money in.

~Shaylanne

Questions, comments, concerns, or college stories can be sent to shaylanne1@gmail.com. These stories must meet the guidelines for the "writing prompt" rules which can be found on The Study page. 




2 comments:

  1. you must be really exhausted at the end of your day - oa behindthestagebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only when I don't get my dose of chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete