Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Book Review 2

Two weeks ago I wrote a post about one of my favorite books "The Thief". Here is the next book in this great series!

To be quite honest Megan Whalen Turner is my favorite author (sorry Miss Austen!). She is a bold writer, leaping into the story and expertly weaving it into a tale so intriguing that it's addicting. I made the mistake of checking out the last three books all at once and I was up until two in the morning finishing them (which wasn't smart seeing as I had to get up at 5:30). She has such a way of grabbing the reader with subtle plot twists and endearing characters. The tales seem simple and very up front, but that is simply because they are so well written. If I could write like her I'd be happy. I'd also be a published author...which would also make me happy...deliriously so.

So without further ado, I present the second book of this fabulous foursome:


The Queen of Attolia




Doesn't Gen look dashing handling that boat? *Sigh* I'd almost give up Darcy...here's the book's synopsis:




*I wrote this post months ago. And for the sake of accuracy I have not removed the above line. Just ignore it... Please...just tuck it into the back of your mind. Somewhere in a file titled "Darcy must never know". Then stick it in your X,Y,Z file so when you decide to tell him you can't find it.

"When his small mountainous country goes to war with the powerful nation of Attolia, Eugenides the thief is faced with his greatest challenge. He must steal a man, he must steal a queen, and he must steal peace.

But his greatest triumph - as well as his greatest loss - can only come if he succeeds in capturing something the Queen of Attolia may have sacrificed long ago."

So this book has an immediate plot twist that makes you shriek "WHAT JUST HAPPENED HERE???". The twist, is good. The thrill as you wait for the next page, is good. Shrieking whenever you get hit by such awesomeness, is bad for your hearing.



So please read this book, it is incredible.


Oh and did I mention that it's a love story? No? Dang. Should have done that...


-Shaylanne

I love a good sequel, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment