Thursday, January 3, 2013

Outline is done!

After struggling to get an idea for this story together I've managed to do the unthinkable: I've finished an outline. Yes I know, it's really pretty crazy, BUT I'M SO EXCITED!!! I had been spending so much time just trying to figure out what I was going to do with my book that I was getting frustrated. I knew who the characters were, and I had a decent grasp of my magic system, but that was it. And now not only do I have a working idea of where I'm going, I know what the book is all about. I still have a lot of work to do, but I've finished the prologue and started on chapter one. My outline is looking at my story from the perspective of the different countries I am working with. But now I think I am going to do one with the people in my story so I have a rough idea of what they'll be doing. But that isn't something that I need to have done for my story to work, it'll grow and develop as my story unfolds and as I figure out what I want done.

Anyway, I've finished school for good (got that Associates degree!) and with one of my jobs allowing me to work on my own computer stuff, I have a lot more time now for writing. It's a work in progress and honestly I'm terrified because I have so far to go and so much to learn, but I won't go anywhere if I don't start teaching myself now.

Keep going writers!

~Shaylanne

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde 

2 comments:

  1. love that quote at the end! sorry I haven't visited in a while, I took a break from blogging, but I'm back!
    hope you're having a great day!
    Juliet
    www.apurplesky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete